Sunday, October 28
11:00 a.m. – 12:30 p.m.
Katie Murphy Amphitheatre
$30 after Oct 25
Purchasing a ticket for this program entitles you to complimentary access to the Exhibition Hall.
Wondering what it takes to get a design book published? Learn from the pros about how a design book goes from idea to finished product: what publishers in this niche are looking for and what the process is like—from the perspectives of three publishers and three seasoned authors.
Topics include finding the right publisher for your book, presenting your concept, navigating the contract-negotiating process, and working with editors, book designers, and publicists to achieve a successful publication.
Bring your questions! Audience members will have the opportunity to converse informally with panel participants about individual book projects, proposals, or ideas.
- Diana Balmori, author and landscape architect, Balmori Associates
- Jessica Helfand, award-winning author an graphic designer, founding editor of Design Observer
- Eric Himmel, Editor in Chief, Abrams Books
- Kevin Lippert, Founder and Publisher, Princeton Architectural Press
- Winnie Prentiss, Publisher, Rockport Publishers
Moderated by graphic designer Steven Heller, author of more than 130 books on graphic design and design culture.
Following the program, audience members will be invited to specially designated areas in the Exhibition Hall for book signings and informal conversation with the speakers.